Ingredients: Champagne Vinaigrette
• 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon walnut oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper • 4 pigeon or duck breasts, or 1 pound chicken or duck livers
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 2 slices bacon, chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
• 8 mushrooms, sliced
• Mixed greens
• 1 cup croutons
The "woodland" part of this warm salad can be pigeon or duck breasts,
duck or chicken livers.
In a small jar with a lid, combine the vinegar, oils, garlic, shallots,
Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake to blend and reserve.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle the breasts with salt and pepper. In a
frypan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the breasts and cook on both sides
until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer breasts to a baking pan and
cook in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
Return the frypan to stove top, add the bacon and cook until crisp, 5 to
8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain. Reduce
heat, add chives, scallions, and mushrooms to the pan, and cook to soften, 2
to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to paper towel to
drain. In a saucepan over low heat, warm the vinagirette for 2 to 3 minutes.
Arrange the lettuces on 4 salad plates. Divide the bacon and vegetables
over the lettuce. Slice the breasts and arrange on top of salad. Pour the
warm vinaigrette over the meat and garnish with croutons.