125 grams/ 1 ¼ cup crumbled digestive biscuits or graham crackers (Bourbon
biscuits would be nice too)
75 grams/ 6 tbsps soft butter ends ingredient
300 grams/ 10oz soft goats cheese (homemade or from the market)
60 grams/ ½ cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 ml/ 1 cup heavy cream
Honey for drizzling
This is a super easy, non fussy fresh cheesecake that is always a hit with family and friends. Prepare in the morning and have it for dessert in the evening. The goats cheese provides a richer, fuller flavour than cow’s milk cream cheese, and making the cheese fresh makes it even more wholesome. The honey gives it a bit of a sweetness boost for the finish. I love my father-in-law’s honey from down in the wood, it’s delicious!
1. Process biscuits in a food processor until they turn to large crumbs, then
add the butter and pulse again to make bring the mixture together.
2. Press mixture into a 20cm / 8 inch springform tin; press a little up the
sidesto form a ridge.
3. Beat together the goats cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract in a bowl until
4. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese
5. Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a
6. Put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
7. Drizzle liberally with honey and serve.
Step-by-step pictures and instructions are available here.