• 1/2 cup steel cut oats, cooked
• 1/4 cup sunflower oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 cups mushrooms, grated
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 3/4 cup ground nuts (pecans and walnuts)
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1. In a large pan, cook the onions in oil over a medium heat until translucent.
2. Add garlic, carrot, mushrooms and oatmeal and cook an additional 4-5 minutes,
3. Turn off the heat and add the breadcrumbs, ground nuts, parsley, eggs and soy
4. Season with pepper; mix.
5. Allow the mixture to cool. Once cool, form into burgers by hand into rounds
about 1 inch thick.
6. Place the burger into a pan with hot oil and cook for about for about five
minutes on each side.
7. Serve with your favorite burger condiments.